The key role for a candidate preparing for a telephone interview is to focus on your key strengths – experience, skills and attributes for the specific role in question.
You only have 10 – 20 minutes to perform in your phone interview so it important you have planned what you would like to say with confidence and a positive attitude.
Most interviews will follow a structure which will be guided by the interviewer. The important thing when answering questions is to give answers with depth and substance which demonstrates you have the required experience, drive and energy to proceed to the Interview stage.
These are the type of questions you can expect.
- Why are you looking to leave your current job?
- When are you available to start the job?
- What are your salary expectations?
- Do you have your own transport and a driver’s license?
- What did you like least / best about your previous job?
- How many people did you supervise / manage?
- What has been your most successful accomplishment at your previous jobs?
- How do you like to be managed?